I recently stumbled across Bucket List Publications, a blog devoted to all things Bucket Lists. Lesley Carter writes about them, completes them, and helps other to complete their lists. She goes even further than just a measly ‘I’d like to complete this before I kick the bucket’ – she has a yearly list! And it’s no silly list either like your standard New Years Resolutions. This is a bonafide LIST. Here are some things that she has already completed this year alone: See LA from a helicopter, fly a jetpack, see a wonder of the world, take a helicopter flight lesson, deliver her baby!
She’s no millionaire either. With the help of her blog, reviews and good karma she’s managed to explore a lot of the world already. I’m so insanely jealous of her I almost hate her. But obviously that doesn’t do any good. So my first Bucket List item is to become friends with her. You, Lesley Carter, will be my new blogger BFF by the end of this year.
Doing research for my own list I stumbled across a lot of other peoples lists and realized how many of the reoccurring goals I’ve already done. So first up, here is my already completed Bucket List. (If you’re new here, the links are to posts written when I completed that item, if you’ve been here awhile… you’ve read them).
- Zipline through the jungle
- Swim with manatees
- Giant Slip n Slide
- Live in New York
- Walk through a waterfall
- Jump off a cliff into water
- See an Oprah show
- Have lunch with a homeless person (I think letting one nap on me is one step further)
- Pet a porcupine
- Hold a koala
- Adopt a cat (I regret this one every time Killer pees on the floor)
- Stay in a Japanese onsen
- Taking cooking classes (private lessons with an Italian chef, booyah)
- Go to a fashion show (work it and see behind the scenes!)
- Drink butterbeer
- Hot springs in Iceland
- Watch the sunrise/sunset on the ocean
- Hold a sloth and wild cat
- Walk on an iceberg
Check, check, check, check and check.
Now onto my To-Do Bucket List. I’m not even go to say in 2012, or even in one year, but I would like to do some of these a lot sooner than later.
- Ride an elephant/elephant shower (One not tethered by chains and being poked)
- Ride a motorcycle
- Reach 10,000 views a month on blog
- Get a job with Oprah
- Go to an Ellen show taping
- Swim with otters
- Open my own business
- Learn to paddleboard
- Learn to at least stand up on a surf board, I won’t take it so far as saying Learn To Surf, I have to be realistic here. And yes, swimming with otters is a realistic goal!!
- Get scuba certified
- Build a cardboard box and or blanket fort
- Floss everyday. Seriously its just soo hard
- Get over my stupid fear and ride a horse
- Do the splits
- Raise money to help someone/animals in needs
- Learn to sew/ make clothing
- Learn piano
- Get a 2-4 pack. (Abs, not beer) Again, being realistic.
- Great Wall of China
- Swimming in the Dead Sea
- See the Northern Lights
- Have lunch with Zach Braff in New York
- Go to the Oscars, wear a fancy dress, walk the red carpet
- See the Harry Potter set in London
- Play Quiddich (they do that sometimes in Central Park)
- Own a piece of vintage Chanel jewelry
- Go to Bali
- Hike Machu Pichu
- Spend a weekend in the Hamptons, Great Gatsby style minus the murder.
- Complete the Disney Parks, just Disneyland, CA left.
- Hmm… maybe complete these 30 by the time I’m 30??
What’s on your bucket list? Or what are some adventures you’ve been on that I must add to mine. (Do NOT tell me skydiving. I can’t even write it down on the list I’m so afraid of it.)