Reason’s why I love being at Calvin Klein’s show:
1. They can afford the best models. See: the seasoned, Carolyn Murphy and fresh faced, 17 year old, Dauphine McKee. Also, Victoria’s Secret Angel, Karlie Kloss.
2. They dress the models in luxury robes and cheap flip flops backstage and for rehearsal.
3. Catering is the BEST. The sushi is as fresh as the sushi I ate in Japan. The mac and cheese triangles are delicious. Because it was on Valentine’s Day, the desserts were adorable.
5. They paint this room completely white every year. I helped paint the floor this year. I also helped mess it up…
4. The runway, viewable from every angle, gave practically everyone a front row seat, myself included.
5. Celebrity sitings. Who doesn’t love bumping elbows with Jessica Chastain, Olivia Wilde and Andre Leon Talley.
6. And of course the collection. The Grand Finale, held on the last day of Fashion Week, never fails to impress. Designer Francisco Costa strayed slightly from his normal minimalistic look and amped it up with a military take. There were stiff leather skirts paired with cross-backed bandeau tops. Bulky overcoats, touches of dark plaid, and pieces held together by scraps of metal. My favorite – a navy leather dress which showed peeks of skin as Murphy walked by.
Now I’m off to watch the Oscars!